Monday, February 20, 2012

Pick a President

Presidents' Day is an interesting American occasion. Not all people receive a paid holiday. Retailers use the weekend prior as an opportunity to promote sales and discounts. Advertisements or school information about the day show images of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, although the state holiday was originally designated to celebrate our country's first president. Aside from shopping, there are few cultural traditions related to the day.

If you used Presidents' Day to honor your favorite president, who would it be and why?

1 comment:

  1. Crystal N.97
    Bill Clinton is my favorite president. I was in elementary school when I first saw him campaigning and I told my mom that he would be our next president. I like Bill Clinton because he seems very down to earth. I know some may consider that an oxymoron, however, I feel that he was more in touch with the people than any president that I have been able to witness alive. Despite the Monica Lewinsky scandal, he was a great leader. I was actually sad when he left the office.

    ReplyDelete